Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such Personal Information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to collect and process payment, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, to provide customer support, for identification and authentication purposes, for service development and improvement, to keep you up to date on our products and services, and to meet legal and regulatory requirements. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information, but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to access, register, or use the Services. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Services through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads from the App and Website; service purchases; user support; and surveys.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the website. Aggregate information includes information resulting from the combination and/or aggregation of certain data in a way that no longer personally identifies users, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, average time spent on the Website or accessing the App, aggregate crop and yield information, and any other aggregate information derived from the App or the Website that cannot personally identify and cannot be associated with identifiable users. Aggregate information is not considered Personal Information.
Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration: In order to register for our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, address and email address. In general, none of your account registration information will be shared with any other users of the Services.
- Marketing Communications: From time to time, we will send to our users electronic messages including surveys, invitations and messages relating to our products, services, special offers, promotions, and service tips. We endeavour to obtain express consent before sending these messages and, where required by law, we include an option to unsubscribe in the message. Users who no longer wish to receive these types of messages from us may unsubscribe from our mailing list. Once a user has unsubscribed from our list (a request with which we will comply within 10 business days), we will no longer send commercial electronic messages to the email address that was used by the user to unsubscribe. If a user has more than one email address, each email address must be unsubscribed from our list. After unsubscribing, a user may continue to receive other types of transactional email messages from us, such as emails that relate to the management of a user’s Farm at Hand account.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting us at support (at) farmathand.com.
- Transactional Notifications: We also provide transactional notifications relating to your use of our Services, despite your indicated email preferences.
- Statistics and Non-Personal Information: We also collect statistics and other Non-Personal Information derived from your use of the Services. Any information that may be capable of being used to identify or that is associated with an identifiable individual will be kept confidential; however, aggregate statistics and Non-Personal Information will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics and Non-Personal Information may be made available to other users or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
- In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by third party web advertisers during your visits to the Website, please visit http://youradchoices.ca/choices . You will be directed to The Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on this Website do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
From time to time we may employ third parties, such as Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) system providers, to help us improve and deliver the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve and deliver the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our users for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website users, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your account information for the Services to third parties. We do not have control over and are not responsible for, Personal Information that users voluntarily disclose about themselves to other users or the public via the Service, nor for Personal Information that a user may disclose about another user via the Service. Please exercise caution before disclosing Personal Information about yourself to other users through the Service.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected with respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, or if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at:
Privacy and CASL Compliance Officer
FarmLink Marketing Solutions
110-93 Lombard Ave
Last Updated: January, 2016